Monday, February 28, 2011

I am an Idiot!


I am afraid I have perhaps committed the greatest faux pas. I said that I was basing my house on Linda Carswell " Petite Maison", thinking that since I found hers so beautiful, I would like one similar of my own and perhaps hoping to send a little flattery back to the muse. I don't know how, but I didn't see this as a problem at the time! I would actually dearly like to retract my last post and pretend it was never written, but alas, it was and I try to be above all things, honest.
My house was inspired by Linda certainly, but also by Mulvaney and Roger's Georgian Townhome and all similar Georgian era front opening dollhouses. There will be huge differences, and now I will endeavor to make sure not to repeat any of her beautiful work. I am finding that although I love the french style, I am an English girl at heart, so my dollhouse will probably be based more on the English Georgian style rather than french. Thanks so everyone who clued me in. Hindsight is 20/20 and again I apologize.

8 comments:

  1. First, let me assure you that you are most definately NOT an idiot! There are so many beautiful European styles of architecture. The one you have pictured there is stunning. I am sure you'll find one to suit your personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your design. :-)

    Catherine XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I really appreciate your wonderful advise and candor, as I said, I usually have my foot in my mouth so often, I rarely need to wash them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Yve, I am so afraid of using other artists as inspiration and not giving credit. Inspiration does come from different places and I guess no man is an island so...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skulptress...give me a shout on my e-mail...

    tabithacorsica@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you send me an email? I am so very sorry to tell you that I have managed to delete it somehow. Please send it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, you will manage to offend somebody. :) I've just been enjoying reading your blog, you have some spectacular pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobody who likes a particular style or era can come up with completely original work - we are all inspired by the combination of everything we have seen and admired. You did the right thing by crediting the source(s) of your inspiration, and you will stamp your own personality and style on your house. It will become your own creation. So just go on and express yourself.

    ReplyDelete