Thursday, February 10, 2011

All that shines is not gold "IT"S STERLING SILVER"



Well, what a grand week it has been for me and the postman! He is now coming to the house so often the neighbors are talking!
I really hope the picture I took does this justice. It is the most precious sterling silver tea service from Mike Sparrow silversmith in England. I originally thought I would chose the Georgian tea set which would fit so well into my soon-to-be Georgian dollhouse and is so incredibly detailed, but I finally settled on the fluted melon design which is equally beautiful and just like my mother's tea service. It is so finely crafted and perfect. The little tiny lidded teapot has a finial made of bone! and the serving finish on all the pieces is so mirror-like that it was hard to get a clear picture without my big camera covered face being reflected.



www.mikesparrowsilver.co.uk

1 comment: