Sunday, March 31, 2019

Miniature Laduree French Patisserie project

I am obsessed with the French Patisserie Laduree. Every since my first visit to Paris 10 years ago I have collected boxes, visited and gorged in every Ladurees I could get to. I have visited and photographed every restaurant in Paris including Versailles (not technically Paris, but close enough). I have also visited their location in Covent Gardens in England and most recently the new restaurant that opened up in Vancouver Canada. So now I need my own little Ladurees in miniature.

I have chosen to do it as a room box which I ordered from Victoria Miniland.  Unfortunately they did not my first choice for store front, but this one I think will serve the purpose and be just as lovely.
I am wanted to do this little project simply and have selected little battery operated lighting so I don't need to wire it. Really I just want a simple project to play in.
This will be my counter,  although this picture is not it quite in it's finished state. See all my tiny macarons?? Aren't they sweet??

I wanted the look of the Laduree counter with the glass guard and lamps and that took some thinking on how I could achieve it simply using my limited skill set and brain power. I settled on glass slides and brass 1/8" angle plus curved round brass and glass beads for the lamps. The original plan was to add little shades, but I kind of like the look of the bare bulbs.  I used free counter top samples from the hardware store to mimic the look of the marble slabs.
I am working on creating all the tiny little boxes and ribbon rolls.

Had to share pics of SOME of the Laduree boxes I have collected in my travels at the end of this post.
Laduree Vancouver in January of this year with my long suffering husband who literally follows me to wherever I want to go. Luckily he is well fed for all his efforts. 

Now I am thinking that I may add a tea room over the top of my little Ladurees in the future.

14 comments:

  1. Un proyecto precioso!!! Cualquiera se enamora de esas maravillosas pastelerías y de sus deliciosos dulces!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Gracias, es bueno que no haya calorías en las golosinas de las miniaturas.

      Delete
  2. Hello Sculptress,
    What a beautiful project. the roombox is fantastic and I LOVE your gorgeous counters. The glass is such a beautiful touch and reminds me of our trips to France and Italy.
    Keep up the amazing work.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, there is nothing like spending an afternoon in a Parisian cafe/patisserie and gobbling exquisite little treats, at least there isn't for me.

      Delete
  3. Wow! This already looks gorgeous! No wonder you fell in love with Laduree. The shop's facade is really lovely and what you've collected so far is great. I love your tiny macaroons. It's a good thing one doesn't gain weight by looking at them although they're mouth watering.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love tiny little colourful baked good. They look so pretty.

      Delete
  4. ¡Fantástico !, me encantará verlo terminado.Feliz semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABSOULUTLEY SCRUMPTIOUS! :D
    I live in Vancouver and yet I never knew that there was a Laudree Patisserie and YES Please Do add a tea room above your mini shop! YUM!!!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go! I just ordered a tiny little 1/24th scale Chantilly shop and house kit which I plan to make into a French Patisserie/tea shop.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, I am enjoying this little project immensely.

      Delete
  7. Thank you, I love a good bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do this hack to drop 2 lbs of fat in 8 hours

    Over 160000 men and women are using a simple and secret "water hack" to burn 2 lbs each night in their sleep.

    It's very simple and it works all the time.

    Just follow these easy step:

    1) Get a glass and fill it with water half full

    2) Then do this proven hack

    so you'll become 2 lbs thinner in the morning!

    ReplyDelete