Saturday, March 3, 2018

In Like a Lion!!

We are taking a snow day here in Edmonton, Alberta. Okay it is Saturday but still....
We were expecting accumulations over 20-30cm according to the weather forecast yesterday.

The thermostat kept dipping lower and lower and with what we were expecting, we shut up the auction house early and everyone headed to the grocery shop (wine store) to stock up on provisions in anticipation of a weekend indoors.

Well, the storm managed to mostly miss us, we are just getting the corner of it. We still have accumulations of over 10cm so far and it is still snowing but I think we have been very lucky. My husband runs out and shovels every time the snow stops. You got to love his optimism.

So today I am working on the dollhouse roof. It is like doing Lego but you have to first make every brick.

I did originally find a bag of pre-cut cedar shingles and had thoughts of perhaps using them but alas, the scale was off and truthfully, that would be really lazy of me and I just know I would regret it in the end.

Also, just a side note. My lovely husband took my three year-old grandson downstairs a few weeks past and let him play in my dollhouse and he managed to take the inside kitchen door out of it's casing.

I did repair it and put in back in place and reprimanded my husband. Well lo & behold, they did it again and my husband decided to put the door away somewhere safe until I could reinstall it.

 So safe that he actually lost it! We have searched for hours, no door. So right now he is doing major surgery getting the casing out ( he insists on doing it himself) and hopefully not damaging the floors. I have a replacement door that I will use IF he gets it out safely.  The house is creaking so much, I opted to come upstairs to the computer and hope for the best.  I will let you know how it turns out.

Please excuse the scruffy condition of my desk. I should have probably made it look like I work neatly but truthfully, I don't. I usually clean my desk and then end up working in an area the size of a dinner plate within the hour.

Anyway, everyone have a nice weekend and hopefully Spring is closer for you than it is for us.  Did I mention we have book a little trip to Paris next month? Can't wait!!

11 comments:

  1. The roof tiles looks Amazing!
    Here in Vancouver B.C. the snow is almost all gone but it is still too cold to do much outside even though the grass is green and the snowdrops are up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. We are still in a winter wonderland, and I hate it! How are we suppose to find our Easter eggs under all this snow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Stanford Medical, It is really the SINGLE reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh an average of 19 KG lighter than us.

    (By the way, it is not related to genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING about "how" they are eating.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    Tap on this link to see if this little questionnaire can help you decipher your true weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete

  4. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. โดมิโน่ QQ
    This are such great articles. โดมิโน่ QQ This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    https://sakukrub98.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/08/10/192051?_ga=2.37803115.935494019.1597040624-1286484823.1596077192 I appreciate for reading my blogs.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Helpful Article. โดมิโน่ QQ It might help you. โดมิโน่ QQ Thanks For Sharing
    โดมิโน่ QQ Thank you very much.


    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god กอล์ฟthat was amazing article กอล์ฟthis was the of article of the yearกอล์ฟ I never seen the article like this กอล์ฟ I love to see the best article of the year like this I hope to contract with writter for bussiness

    ReplyDelete
  7. กอล์ฟ I like this article so much กอล์ฟ this topic was awesome กอล์ฟ I love to see the tecnique of writer in this post


    ReplyDelete
  8. กอล์ฟ I think it gonna be the best topic in this weekกอล์ฟI wonder how to made this article correctly กอล์ฟwithout mistake I need to contract with writer

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh god แฮนด์บอล that was amazing article แฮนด์บอล this was the of article of the yearแฮนด์บอล I never seen the article like this แฮนด์บอล I love to see the best article of the year like this I hope to contract with writter for bussiness

    ReplyDelete
  10. แฮนด์บอล I think it gonna be the best topic in this weekแฮนด์บอล I wonder how to made this article correctly แฮนด์บอล without mistake I need to contract with writer

    ReplyDelete