Thursday, June 11, 2015

Snails pace

Dollhouse building has slowed to a crawl.  With playing catch up at work, grand babies and just summer, nothing is getting done. 

I did however finally manage to complete my second floor stair case which proved very difficult for me this time.  I couldn't get the railing to fit right and ended up extending the two wire stair rails on the first two steps in order to get things to look right.  The rail is a little wavy looking but I suspect that won't be noticed once the bathroom door is in.  Plus the living room/hallway wall is too tall so that will have to be cut down before I can continue.
I have also repainted the front hall.  What seemed like a hint of peach read as deep peach in such a confined space so I have painted it cream so it matches the kitchen and ultimately the rest of the house better.  I am contemplating changing the front hall ceiling fixture as I have managed to obtain one like the one used by Lea on the picture of her book.  I think I might move this one up a floor and have the hallway behind the bathroom lit up.  Hopefully I will find the time and more over the motivation to work on the little house.  If I actually worked on it instead of just thinking about working on it, I am sure I would be nearly done by now.

10 comments:

  1. Yo creo que has solucionado muy bien la falta de espacio,la escalera se ve genial!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias , todavía estoy siguiendo el libro de Lea Frisoni , por lo que se lleva el crédito .

      Delete
  2. Hi Skulptress! I must commend you on the second floor staircase as well as the handrail which looks good to me! Stairs are not my friend although I think that every doll's house with more than a ground floor, should have them! I also like the idea of the hall light for the second floor. It would draw the eye into the hall from the bathroom, and really give a depth of field, to the house!
    .
    And p.s.....I Love the cream colored walls too :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, I do too, my only concern is that when the doll house is completely assembled and a bulb goes, the hallway will be dark forever, but I will risk it.

      I like the cream coloured walls better too, I also did change out the light fitting in the hallway, seems I am renovating and building all at the same time!

      Delete
  3. Hello Skulptress,
    The thinking about th9ings is half the fun! the staircase looks good and as you say the effect will be perfect when the bathroom door is in. Good call on the color change in the entrance...I just hate it when things don't come out the way we want them to!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giac, I think you are right. The effect will be good once the hallway is assembled and the bathroom wall and door are in.

      I actually do spend way too much time thinking about how this silly house will look when it is together LOL, but you're right it is fun.

      Delete
  4. Good Morning, you are making progress. We see it although you must feel you keep taking backward steps not forward. It is interesting that colour has scale as you noted with the original paint colour . I think the cream you have chosen is lovely and will give you more freedom in applying accessories than a stronger colour would have done. I think you are almost through the most difficult part of the build.
    Enjoy your garden and grandchildren and keep thinking. Multitasking is our forte! Great work. Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine, I seem to be renovating as much as I am building but I knew if I didn't change the colour of the hall, I would always wish I had. It did involve removing the staircase to make sure I could reach the whole thing. I am much happier with the colour now though.

      Delete
  5. Oh I hear you on the overthinking. I'd literally get 4 times more minis finished if I thought less and did more. But then, it's important to get things just right, otherwise it might bug the heck out of you every time you look at it! Any progress is good, so despite all the distractions, I think you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I think sometimes these silly things rob me of sleep!

      I did however, after posting get some fundamental things done that won't be seen but were necessary ie: the wall cut down, a large hole for threading through the electrics and I got smart. I threaded enough extra wire through the electric holes for every light so now all I have to do is attach them to the new wire and no more worrying about threading, it is done. Whew.

      Delete