Friday, December 21, 2012

New Stokesayware


Since I had two Jane Newman nearly identical washstands, I decided to paint one.  I was a tough decision actually as I love Jane Newman and didn't want to ruin it.  I did it anyway and I think it turned out quite well.  I may need to spray the drawer again but the rest of it is quite smooth.  I had ordered the Nursery wash set from Stokesayware including the tiles and replaced the existing tiles.  I am quite pleased with the results as it mimics the washstand on the Stokesayware website.

Some lovely new (well new to me) miniatures including a lovely pudding bowl and teeny tiny metal whisk complete with wooden handle and a large pastry bowl and cutter from Sir Thomas Thumb. Also note the cheese wheel on the blue and white compote (in case it just looked like a lump of moldy cake).
Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. I really like what you did to the Jane Newman wash stand. It is just perfect now with it's new paint and tiles. Just right for a babies room. Congratulations on all your new miniatures! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painted washstand looks beautiful with the pale blue tiles and the Stokesayware, and your kitchenware is so delicate and nicely made, love the pastry cutter. Enjoy your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painted washstand looks great and it's perfect with the Stokesayware pieces. You have beautiful miniatures in your collection.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made the right decision to paint the wash stand . It looks charming,the tiles are perfect.
    Well done,
    Regards JaniIne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectamente lograda la intención. Muy buen resultado

    ReplyDelete